Thursday, February 28, 2013

Four Years of Streak Running...

USRSA /SRI Logo
Yesterday, I woke up to the following e-mail in my inbox:

Hi Chip,

On behalf of the United States Running Streak Association (USRSA), I want to congratulate you on completing 4 years of your current running streak! Great job! We would love to include an update on you and your running in our next newsletter of The Streak Registry. Please send update along with any changes in your streak running status in the last year to me.

For more information on USRSA, please visit our website at: http://www.runeveryday.com/  

Please also visit us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95577453452

Good luck on another year of streak running!

Best wishes,
Mark Washburne

As with every day, I'm amazed that I've been able to go this long. I'm thankful my body has been able to keep up. I'm thankful that my wife is on board with it. (She started it.) I'm thankful for the running partners I've had along the way who have kept me motivated and put in the miles with me. I'm thankful for the quiet reflection the solitary miles have given me...especially since November.

RunningAHEAD Summary
In the past year, I haven't done too many races or run nearly as many miles as I had the previous three years. Hoping to get more miles this year. The biggest running milestone over the past year was the completion of the 50K. Honestly, the only training that I had for that race was the barebones minimum to keep my streak alive. Looking back at the month of December, I ran 65.3 miles for the month. 31 of them were in that race. 

So mileage for the past year was 709 miles run over 96 hours, 54 minutes, 59 seconds. Including today's run, I've done 3,727 streak miles over the past 1,462 days of streaking. Even though this is day one of the next year of streaking, I'm looking forward to making it into "The Proficient" category (5+ years) on the Active Streak List.

As always, I'm looking forward to another of streak running with Brooks Sports as my sponsor. I mean, really, if I'm going to be running every day, I should be running in the best running shoes and attire and spreading the Run Happy Spirit with every run.

Start of year five...go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment