Sunday, January 23, 2011

15 Miler

The plan today was 13 miles. The result today was 15.02 miles. I really never plan to go overboard like this. It just happens. And it happens frequently.

It was 48 degrees today when I started running. I opted for no tights since I started a little later in the morning. Fourteen of the 15 miles were sub 8:00 with a particularly ballsy 6:50 6th mile and one 8:16 mile which included a new monster hill that I found on the other side of the railroad tracks on Powers St. The rest of the run was pretty uneventful after the turnaround. Someone honked at me on the way back, but I couldn't see who it was.

The 1700 calories that I burned on that run afforded me the opportunity to eat three cinnamon rolls for breakfast, which I am paying for now in the currency of tummy pain, but they SHO were good.

Only 21 days till the Rock 'n' Roll Mardi Gras Half Marathon. I'm not nearly ready to PR there, and I probably won't be when it rolls around. But it's okay. Finishing is always good.

If you ran today, I hope you ran happy. If you've yet to run today, I hope you run happy. And if you're not a runner, it's time to start running happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment